«

»

Jan 09

Linda Ellis Appears to Be in Full Damage Control Mode

It has been a while since I have made a post here. My work has kept me extremely busy and Getty Images /  McCormack Intellectual Property Law PS seem to be behaving themselves of late and in Getty’s case, I am pleased to say, actually improving.

 

Linda Ellis

Screen capture showing Linda Ellis posting on April’s FB page

My good friend April Brown has a new book called Poetic Justice soon to be released. This book details her ongoing struggle with author and poet Linda Ellis and April’s campaign to warn people not to share a poem written by Ms. Ellis called The Dash. In what appears to be an effort to do some damage control before April’s book is released Ms. Ellis has started posting comments on Ms. Brown’s Facebook pages and has also created at least two webpages about Ms. Brown. The pages may be found here and here.

 

What is ironic is that Ms. Ellis who so vigorously defends against people who post her poem without permission has taken the images of April and a group photo of April and the ELI defense team members without permission and posted them on her website. Surely Ms. Ellis, whose main source of income it is widely believed to be from copyright enforcement, knows it is perfectly legal to show the images via hyperlink (see Perfect 10 v. Google) yet she has chosen to infringe upon the authors copyright.

Ms. Ellis is talking a lot about emails between herself and Ms. Brown, these will all be available through the book’s website along with all of the screen captures, documentation and records Ms. Brown has. Ms. Ellis has a history of making these posts, leaving them up for a few hours or a few days and then pulling them down. Ms. Brown has an extensive record through screen captures which will be available through the books website as well.

 

I am posting with permission many of the emails April has saved between her and Ms. Ellis. I think if you read them they will speak for themselves.

 

Keep an eye out for April’s book and you may preorder it at the Poetic Justice website.

 

Here are the emails posted as sent to me.

==============

 

Re: POET LINDA ELLIS COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT THREATS ESCALATE AGAINST CHARITY AUCTION WORLD CEO from free-press-release.com

JAN 30

Post this too…oh please!

 

Ms. Brown is now engaging in mistruths and slander to attempt to affect Ms. Ellis’ reputation instead of owning up to her own lawbreaking actions. Like a child caught with her hand in the cookie jar…

We never DEMANDED one single dime from her. We offered her a settlement opportunity for theft of copyrighted material by posting, unauthorized for the world the valuable product Ms. Ellis owns, and by which she pays her bills and feeds her family.

All this to bring visitors to her own site. A link is how lawful people can LEGALLY share Ms. Ellis’ copyrighted works. She never asked… never even checked.  Because she KNEW posting this text would bring traffic to her site to further her OWN agenda. She boasts that she is an experienced business woman. Certainly she was aware of copyright law?

Is this the kind of educated, experienced and informed person you’d want to hire?  Just asking. If she uses others’ copyright material on your behalf, YOU could be held responsible. It’s the law. Something to think about…

Why don’t you enter politics instead, Ms. Brown?  Your attributes are apparently perfect for that.

Call me if you wish and we can discuss as adults. Or do you want to stay in the sandbox and throw sand? Seriously. Grow up.

=====

 

JAN 30

liveyourdash@bellsouth.net liveyourdash@bellsouth.net

 

PS. Your facts are completely incorrect, which constitutes slander. We’ve copied it all and we are sorry it has come to this.

You need to really consider the repercussions of your own actions. Would your business survive if others made your services invaluable and worthless by sharing with the entire world at no charge?  This is Ms. Ellis’ very livelihood that she protects.  You cannot just appropriate something for your own business because you like it, or it suits your needs.  You even KNEW it was copyrighted, which constitutes willful infringement!

Ms. Ellis has the sole decision where and when her products are published. She doesn’t even post the text on her own site. It is shared in a movie for everyone for free. All you had to do was link to share with your visitors.

We’ve contacted our attorney. A negotiated settlement was all we had offered.

You have created far more damages now, unfortunately.

Please forward your attorney’s information and Ms. Ellis’ attorney will call.

Thank you.

=====

 

LINDA ELLIS

JAN 31

 

Ms. Brown,

Just an FYI — http://lindaellis.net/2012/01/2516/

Also preparing my own Press Release…and drumming up some interviews so that I may bring attention to the problem of copyright infringement.  The only difference is…my Releases won’t be slanderous because they will contain only true facts, not elaborate, unsubstantiated and fabricated statements.

=====

 

PS

FEB 1

 

liveyourdash@bellsouth.net

The embellishment is not found in our letters that you posted, but in the fabricated thoughts you added.

Also, I already had a link to your site in the post so everyone could be well informed.

Thank you for bringing attention to the terrible problem of theft of other’s property, ignorance of the law, and avoidance of liability, albeit through embellishments.

 

On Feb 1, 2012, at 10:18 AM, “liveyourdash@bellsouth.net” <liveyourdash@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Thanks for your post.
>
> You are so misinformed and ignorant about copyright. Attorneys have been contacted. I asked you to call and act like an adult. From your photos, it is abundantly clear that you are one.
>
> Here’s an idea. Go to copyright.gov and learn something.
>
> Let’s leave it up to professionals now before this constitutes harassment.
>
> Thank you.

======

 

Linda Ellis lellis@bellsouth.net

 

OMG MRS. BROWN!  Are you that sick of an individual?  How could you post such a thing under a woman’s comment who lost her sister recently to cancer!  That’s it!  YOU HAVE CROSSED THE LINE YOU UNFEELING SICK IMMORAL HEARTLESS WOMAN!  You need help.

Copy to the attorney ASAP!

======

 

liveyourdash@bellsouth.net

Feb 1

 

Thanks for your post.

You are so misinformed and ignorant about copyright. Attorneys have been contacted. I asked you to call and act like an adult. From your photos, it is abundantly clear that you are one.

Here’s an idea. Go to copyright.gov and learn something.

Let’s leave it up to professionals now before this constitutes harassment.

Thank you.

=====

 

The Dash Management thedashmanagemet@lindaellis.net

Feb 1

 

Please forward me her post.

=====

 

liveyourdash@bellsouth.net liveyourdash@bellsouth.net

Feb 1

 

Initiated?  Are you insane?  You sent out a press release!  LMAO!!!

I didn’t even read past that.  Best of luck.

======

 

April Brown

Feb 1

 

It’s called Freedom of Speech. Maybe you SHOULD read what your representative wrote and re-read your comments. And then read the law for internet copyright protection. Clearly you are unprepared for a legal battle and you are clearly oblivious to how many people have been affected by your business model.

Once again, other than name calling

=====

 

liveyourdash@bellsouth.net

Feb 1

 

Ma’am,

You stole my work.  You used it unauthorized.  It’s the law.  I didn’t make up the law.

I have the sole discretion to decide who publishes my work as the copyright owner.  Again, the law.

I would never have approved my work to be associated with someone like you.  Again, that silly ole’ law.

I’ve been defending this work for 15 years and have never met anyone as unprofessional and childish as you.  Own up to your own actions, Ms. Brown.  You stole something.  You got caught.  Incidentally, courts see it the same way.  Oh my…what could it be?  Oh yeah, the LAW!

======

 

liveyourdash@bellsouth.net

Feb 1

 

Just a quick question:  Do you auction for charities for free or charge a fee for your talents and efforts?

Just asking out of curiosity.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

Feb 1

 

I’m afraid you are mistaken.  The references you are posting are for Internet Service Providers, not individuals.  I have intellectual property attorneys versed well on the subject

But you didn’t answer my question:  Do you, or do you not charge a fee for the service you provide to/for charities?  If so, how much for a charity auction?  Is it a straight fee (I didn’t see a price list on your site…or a percentage of what is donated to the charity during the auction?

John Jolin’s services are sub-contracted.  He helps me negotiate with infringers…those who wish to negotiate and work professionally to reach a fair and amicable resolution…which is 99.99%.    When and if an amicable resolution cannot be reached, attorneys take over.    I vehemently protect my copyright.  It is my livelihood, literally.  These are my products, literally.  Just as auctioning is yours…I guess.  But I don’t know since you skirted the question.

Thanks,

Linda

=====

 

April Brown

Feb 1

 

Linda,

You are an interesting person of contrasts and hypocrisy.

Just a reminder, I wrote you early in an attempt to validate the letter John Jolin. I also called and left a message. I did not hear from you. Instead I received 2 more letters from John Jolin. Now you want me to call you?

“Harassment”? Your camp initiated every contact, derogatory statement and misrepresentation of the facts. A simple post of your poem along with a link to your website is the fact of the posting. I immediately removed it when I received the first letter. If you can’t tell the truth about that simple fact, then as far as I’m concerned you are without credibility. Period.

The court of public opinion is critical to shedding light on what we believe is unjust simply just wrong. We are armed with the facts and ready for a long fight.

With regards,

April Brown, CEO, Charity Auction World

=====

 

Linda Ellis lellis@bellsouth.net

Feb 1

 

Ms. Brown,

After your last posting to two people who recently lost family and loved ones, and are grieving their loss, I must apologize.  It is apparent you have some serious learning disability or mental disorder.

A copyright infringement is committed when someone takes copyrighted work and posts it for their company for millions…not a family member who reads it at a funeral.

The postings were sent to an attorney with the other information.

Please, if you can understand, stop posting things under those who are grieving.  This is a little disturbing.  No, this is a lot disturbing that someone would do that.

Best of luck to you.  I’m not sure what your disability is, but I do wish you luck in the future with your rehabilitation.

======

 

April Brown

Feb 2

 

You started the mud slinging. Don’t act so shocked your getting dirty. Your ‘dash” has been exposed for what it really is. Like it or not, people enjoy exposing hypocrisy. You’ve outed yourself by your own words. You killed your sales. You hurt your reputation.  No attorney will take your case and we both know it. So I can only surmise that you enjoy this as much as the rest of us. We will go away when you do.

BTW, I’m grieving. My grief hasn’t curbed your disturbing behavior? Another one of those hypocritical moments?

Again, Who is your attorney and what is the contact info for John Jolin and what state is he licensed in?  What is his Federal ID number? I’ve asked for this before and you have not provided the information.

April Brown

=====

 

Linda Ellis lellis@bellsouth.net

Feb 2

 

I told you exactly what you’d asked about John. I’ve been protecting my rights for 15 years. You are really ignorant aren’t you?  I mean do you not KNOW you broke the law?  I mean that seriously.

=====

 

April Brown

Feb 2

 

I did not get any email with the information I requested. Attorney Tim who? John Jolin’s registered business information.

=====

 

Linda Ellis

Feb 2

 

Attorney will be contacting you shortly and you will have full name and contact.

Mr. Jolin is no longer involved as it has been turned over to an attorney.  Do you not READ your email?  You had not previously requested specifics on John, NOR do you need them.  I told you, though you seem to be really hard to penetrate intellectually, that Mr. Jolin is a SUBCONTRACTED employee who handles negotiation matters.  IF AND WHEN a friendly, amicable resolution (in other words someone admits they did wrong and wants to rectify it in professional, adult, negotiations) cannot be reached, the matter goes to an attorney to handle.  THAT IS WHERE WE ARE NOW.

I think it is best that we end communication between us since it is getting us nowhere.  There are only a five relevant, indisputable facts here.   It’s black and white.  And, Ms. Brown…it is the LAW.  Why do you think we have copyright?  No really…think about it.  WHY do you think people protect their work legally?  Answer:  Because it is theirs…not everyone’s…not yours.

Indisputable FACTS:

  • I have a registered copyrighted work that is in no way public domain.  Never has been.  Never will be.
  • My attorney and I have defended this work for 15 years.
  • You used the work unauthorized and illegally and distributed it on the worldwide web.
  • You were caught.
  • You slandered my name and reputation in defense of your own illegal actions.

Goodbye Ms. Brown.  Best of luck to you.  I would be very careful in the future of using others’ works without their knowledge or permission.  Hey, try writing something of your own.  There’s an idea.  Run with it!

Sincerely,

Linda Ellis

=====

 

April Brown

Feb 3

 

Linda,

I never skirt questions. I have never slandered you. I have never attacked you or resorted to calling you names. If you think these things are true then please send me those quotes so I can respond to what you believe is being done to you.

I am simply reprinting your word and your representatives words in a public forum. I did not initiate any of this. For some reason you think I profited from a posting that wasn’t up for more than a few days as I recall. That blog got almost no hits because it was never indexed. And if a hit is worth .3 cent, you do the math. The fact is, that posting could have made people leave my blog-a thought that is lost on your camp.

You asked me if I charge for my services. The answer is yes. The amount I charge is based on the service the non-profit is seeking. I give quotes to legitimate non-profits after a lengthy discussion of their needs. My fees are not confidential. I also work for free. I am the director of a non-profit (22 years) and have never drawn a salary or expenses. I told you I am an author and producer and I do have copyrighted material that is posted everywhere. That material is a calling card for my knowledge and expertise. I am very prolific and marketable and innovative and customer focused. So yes, I am successful and my services are valued. If you have a non-profit organization that needs my services have them call me.

The fact that you collect on 99.9% of the demands by negotiating tells me you must be very very rich from copyright infringement. Your livelihood is from that letter and probably not from sales based on your reaction to my stance. It is unlikely that your content actually generates that kind of windfall. I have several authors in my family and only one is rich from book sales.

This is your business model and it works. If it is working 99% of the time then little ole me should be no great loss. I’m not condemning you-in fact if you are making money doing this- great.  I just don’t happen to think that poem is worth $250 or $7500 and if it generated 30 cents worth of views on my site I clearly didn’t profit. And now that we are corresponding (something I tried to do in the beginning) – it took those factual press releases you complain about to flush you out along with dozens of other people that are very upset with John Jolin and now you.

You have revealed a side of yourself that is the antithesis of the poem. You made yourself a public figure and if someone comments on hypocrisy can be construed as slander. BTW, I never made that observation publicly. I think your followers and people who read that poem expect you to be christian-like, calm and confident. They expect you to pray for me not fleece me.

Can you please cite one case that has been won in a court of law by someone in your position? Again, can you tell me what you want the outcome to be?

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 1

12:24 PM (1 hour ago)

to me, Dash

 

Just to let you know, I’ve received the emails you are sending to people.  They are sending them to me…every word.  Seriously? Defamation?  You posted the emails that I’d sent to you…so, no…no defamation.  Just communication.

I wish you the very best, truly.  It is obvious you needed a target to vent your life’s frustrations.  I am glad I’ve been able to help you in that regard and I do hope you feel better.

I am putting the matter behind me and moving on with my dash.  Instead of arguing with you, I’m using those same minutes to do volunteer work. You should consider this, as well.  It’ll look better on life’s resume’ on Judgment Day.  SMILE!

God Bless!

=====

 

April Brown

May 2

 7:31 PM (12 hours ago)

to Live

 

I have never sent one email to anyone anywhere that mentions anything you suggest below.  Please feel free to send me the communiques. I believe they are copying YOUR emails that mention defamation. Believe me I am smiling. Judgement Day is every day.

=====

 

Live Your Dash liveyourdash@bellsouth.net

7:57 PM (11 hours ago)

to me

 

They’ve sent me the exact emails with your return email address. Very detailed…

It’s okay. I’m putting this whole issue behind me. I’m done with the negativity. You can continue if you care to. I am trying to be more positive.  Currently in the hospital ER and you know how that can make you evaluate life the hard way!

Take care of yourself. Best of luck.

======

 

May 6

 

YOUTUBE COMMENT

‘Linda Ellis’ commented on NEW COMPUTER VIRUS – THE NASTY DASH VIRAL POEM:

So, Ms. Brown…you are saying that your forum here is only a one-sided conversation and you do not welcome those who do not agree? Your words: “Ms. Ellis does not need to be supported here. She has her own website for her friends. This site is for the victims and the telling of their stories.” Yet, you reference Freedom of Speech. Ironic, no?

You know your claims are fabricated and exaggerated in order to promote your own attempts at defending what you know in your heart, is wrong. Reminds me of a child who gets caught with her hand in the cookie jar and then responds in her defense, “But…but…I was getting a cookie…for YOU.”

The facts are the facts and you can twist them however you wish. YOU took what didn’t belong to you. YOU used another’s property to further your own services. YOU shared registered, copyrighted material with the world without authorization. YOU committed unlawful acts in reference to copyright law and infringed upon the legal rights of another. YOU’VE have somehow managed to completely ignore that intellectual property is not yours and you have affected another’s livelihood by posting and distributing copyrighted work, thus using a product that does not belong to you, that you did not create, nor gain permission to use to benefit yourself. FACTS ARE FACTS. There’s really nothing more to discuss. You can’t take what’s not yours, no matter how much you try to justify it.

THANK YOU. Also, thanks again for your efforts (though inadvertent) to bring attention to the growing problem of intellectual property theft, misappropriation of others’ creative works and its continued unauthorized distribution. Every little bit helps.

======

 

Linda Ellis

May 11

 

Why did you take down the video of you wearing the military uniform with tampons around it?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=omxw9A-6ixE

======

 

April Brown

May 12

 

You are so shame based. How do you live from one day to the next with your high and mighty attitude?  I haven’t taken down any videos. Shame has no home here.  In fact, I welcome your comments and aggressions.

If you are searching for dirt, I am thrilled to share my life’s story.

What do you want to know? What is it that you need to hear or see that will help you justify what a piece of work you are? I see right through you and so do thousands of other innocent infringers. It is so obvious. You are totally unprepared for what’s getting ready to rain down on you. Frankly, every thing about you and that damn poem makes me sick. Please. Please. Keep judging me. I look forward to the showdown.

=====

 

April Brown

May 12

 

Linda,

The rules are this. When you post on my blog, post once. Do not post the same stupid comments on multiple entries. If your goal is wasting my time and money, I am prepared to devote as much time and money as it takes to expose you for the person WE know that you are. I will never pay you one dime. AND the innocent infringers will never pay you one dime. We are organized now. It is too late. There is no turning back. So if you have any friends left, you better get them organized. Cause we are coming after you.

I will gladly post one comment on one post. Otherwise, stay the hell off the Innocent Infringer forum.

=====

 

April Brown

May 12

 

Linda,

How does it feel to be hunted down and humiliated? Welcome to YOUR world Saint Linda.

======

 

Live Your Dash

May 18

 

Wearing tampons in a military uniform is disrespectful and so were the words you spoke.

It may have been thirty years ago, but POSTED recently.

I’ve never met a business woman who acts in such an unprofessional manner.  You know the fabrications I’m speaking about. You can’t just say anything you make up in your head, ma’am.

We will be contacting you again soon.

Thank you.

======

 

From: WordPress <wordpress@lindaellis.net>

Date: May 18, 2012 9:37:19 PM EDT

To: liveyourdash@bellsouth.net

Subject: [Linda Ellis] Please moderate: “April Brown and Copyright”

A new comment on the post “April Brown and Copyright” is waiting for your approval

http://lindaellis.net/2012/05/ms-april-brown-and-copyright/

Comment:

Nice Try Linda. Why do you think I would be embarrassed by a 30 year old comedy routine that I posted on my Youtube channel? Your jealousy is rearing it’s sanctimonious big head.

So let me get this straight. You think YOU should be able to screen who reads and shares your poem. Do I have that right? The Dash poem qualifies you as some literary giant? Maybe you can explain to your followers why you are sending copyright infringement letters to preachers, teachers, priests and rabbis. This information is readily available on the internet and impossible for me to fabricate.

If you have the guts to leave this up on your blog as I’ve left all your stupid posts on my blog, then maybe your disciples can truly decide for themselves what the real story is and what this “disrespectful” military photo is all about – a debate about women serving in the military.

My brother-in-law is a Major General in the United States Army, Jim Brown, stationed at Fort Knox. My other brother-in-law is a retired Navy Pilot &amp; best-selling author, Dale Brown. My brother, Mike Spence is a Viet Nam vet with a TBI. My Uncle Kenneth Wood, liberated Cortona, Italy and was decorated along with his fellow soldiers. I served as a police officer because women were not allowed to serve in combat in 1974. I have 16 immediate kin that are serving now or have served in 4 wars. Character? Disrespect? Look in the mirror.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUswFJC0iSY

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 18

 

The part that cracked me up was you using the word jealousy on me? I’m jealous of successful, honest, respectful, ethical women…but not you, dear.  Take care.

======

 

April Brown

May 19

 

Dear Saint Linda,

For some reason you don’t see yourself. Fear, shame, jealousy, are in everything you write on this subject. You might want to pay attention to the comments from other people. “The part that cracks me up” is that you ARE jealous of successful, honest, respectful, ethical women. Another crack in the facade I see.

Again, can you address the OTHER innocent infringers for once. Are they dishonest, disrespectful, unethical, failures too?

You just can’t face up to this debacle YOU created.

April

=====

 

April Brown

May 24

You think you have more clout with people I’ve known for decades? What an ego. You are a piece of work. You better gear up for the fight of your lying life!

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 24

 

I seriously don’t even know what you’re talking about now. I’ve asked them to delete everything about you from my site, etc. and we are issuing apologies for letting this issue get out of hand.  Your friend Suzanne wrote my assistant a very informational email and it was like a brick hitting. I’m speaking to John, too. Anyway, do what you need to do.  I’m sorry it has all culminated into two professional women acting… well, not so professional.

Take care.  And I mean it.

 

Sent from my iPad

Linda Ellis
1050 E. Piedmont Road
#E-135
Marietta, GA  30062

404-966-3349

=====

 

April Brown

May 24

 

Linda,

I wish it were that simple.

You don’t know what I’m talking about? You wrote another letter to Mike’s employer that included an email from me that I did not write. You thought writing the General Manager of a CBS affiliate was a good idea and worse you thought he would care? Your ego is off the charts.

This has never been about “two professional women blah blah blah”. Your gender has nothing to do with it. The issue is copyright trolling and intimidation and money. THE single issue you never address. It’s about the people you never admit exist. The insults. The lying. All these people that took a bite of the poison apple that have been hurt and disillusioned with you and your message. I lost control of this situation with that first press release. This has never been about me and this issue has taken on a life of its’ own. The only reason that youtube video is getting so many hits is because people are getting caught in this dragnet and looking for answers.

My friend Suzanne is like all my friends and associates. They can’t believe this is a real situation. People have no idea this has been going on for years. This won’t go away until you stop bothering people and the law is changed.

=====


The Dash Copyright

May 24

 

Hi Suzanne,

Is this in reference to my correspondence with you about Ms. Ells’ apology and deletions of April Brown material because of your email? Must be.

We r lost on this one…

Thanks,

Nan

 

On May 24, 2012, at 7:07 PM, April Brown <auctions@aprilbrown.com> wrote:

> You think you have more clout with people I’ve known for decades? What
> an ego. You are a piece of work. You better gear up for the fight of your lying life!

don’t know why you are sending this to me.

=====

 

April Brown

May 24

I wrote to Linda in response to her letter to the GM of ESPN that included a fake email she claims I wrote. This is about as low as Ellis can go, or is it?

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 22

Wow…I’ve received a couple of interesting emails (unsolicited, not like yours) myself, April Summer Spence.

You’ve had quite an interesting dash!

Keep smiling my friend, keep smiling!

=====

 

April Brown

May 22

We are not friends.

So now you are trying to shock me by telling me my name? My name? Really? Please post every single thing you find out about me. I treasure the memories.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 22

Never said anything about shocking you.  You read things interestingly…

Linkedin requested to connect with me about 30 times from you…had to finally block the requests, friend.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 22

You can become bitter…or you can become better.  Apparently, Ms. Brown has opted for the first.  She knows her hits have increased tremendously since her “it’s okay to steal from others” campaign.  Keep piggybacking on others’ popularity, my dear.  At least, you’ll get noticed.

=====

 

April Brown

May 22

Dear Saint Linda,

Trust me, I appreciate the attention but why don’t you write about some of the other people that are mad at you? Why don’t you write an open letter addressing the victims and explaining to them how you’ve come to a place where you believe you and your 204 words are more important than human beings? You call yourself gifted? There are a million other people with words more meaningful than anything you can grasp in your current delusional state. You got lucky. I don’t know why YOU got lucky and the others didn’t but if you really think that

God gave you a gift greater than mine and ours, then you are creating enemies by the minute. Every person that reads that stupid poem is at risk for sharing it. I regret the day I found that stupid poem in my email box. And I regret that I posted believing I was doing a good thing for you by sharing it. You aren’t even a competent bitch.

You are really starting to piss me off. So now i’ve raised the bar for you. I will not rest until you write a letter of apology to all the people that got caught up in your scam and refund the money to the poor dumb souls that paid you off.  You took donated money from charities. People lost jobs because of you. You deepened the grief and added anger where there was none. People call me crying because of the way you’ve treated them. Well, you hunted me down and now you’ve caught me so Bring it on Betty. You are impotent and I’m not afraid of you or that little shit Jolin.

You better bring out your big guns, cause we are coming after you with the TRUTH.

Fearless,

April Brown

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 22

 

Ask them each to write me. I’ll write them back. Thanks sweetie!

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 24

 

You mean this email you did not write?  Sent straight from servers…

Did you forget writing it?

=====

 

April Brown

May 24

 

What email are you talking about? I’ve never written one letter, comment or post that mentioned Mike’s place of work. Never. I will have the letter in my hands tomorrow. For now it was good for a laugh.

I just don’t think writing my husbands place of employment was one of your better moves–especially twice. Should I warn the rest of my family about you and John?

If you quoted me verbatim, great. We will see tomorrow.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 24

 

Again, huh?  I think this thing has made you so stressed, you’re not making any sense?  I sent to you your email that you wrote me…it’s still on the ATT/Yahoo server.

 

Sent from my iPad

Linda Ellis
1050 E. Piedmont Road
#E-135
Marietta, GA  30062

404-966-3349

======

 

April Brown

May 24

 

You said I sent you an email from yahoo. I do not use a yahoo account for sending email. If you have any email from yahoo, I did not write the email.

Again, you always assume it is the other person is wrong.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 24

Oh.  I said it was on the ATT/Yahoo mail servers.

That is MY email server.

When email comes to me…that’s where it goes.

=====

 

April Brown

May 24

 

All I know is that you or someone sent the GM a letter. He called to let us know. Apparently you don’t know what a GM does, but it isn’t this.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 24

 

I’m sure they were requesting the right person to speak with. GM. Weird.

=====

 

April Brown

May 24

 

Are you kidding me? No real publicist or handler would ever you on the air in this market. It would be a stupid move.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 24

 

Huh?  Not for an interview!  LOL!  For ethics questions.

We are so on different thinking levels.  Incidentally, I’ve already been “in that market.”

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 24

 

OMG!  It just occurred to me that you thought the letter was sent to the GM to get an interview.  I’m literally laughing out loud.

It was to cite an ethics violation.  Never mentioned an interview.  OMG. How funny!

=====

 

April Brown

May 24

 

You mean you actually had your people try to bust Mike for an ethics violation? And you think THAT is better than asking for an interview? AND you think you are cute and funny?

I never thought you sent either letter asking for an interview. I knew you sent those letters to cause trouble for me through Mike’s work. You sent those letters to harm him. For some reason you don’t see how strange you are and how strange “your people” are. It’s not funny.  I have no idea how you’ve gotten away with this for so long.

My point about this market is not that you couldn’t get an interview here. No handler would position you here for this story. Your ego is like out of control.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 24

 

No ego, Ms. Brown…not at all.  In fact, quite the opposite.

You’ve got the wrong impression of me from some stupid emails and bad tempers on both sides.  As I’m sure I’ve had of you.

Good luck to you in your dash.  I’m apologizing for this mess on my web site.  My mom is very sick and I need to totally refocus my time and efforts to have the energy I need to properly care for her, which I’m not sure I’m capable of doing at my best, much less under stress.

No…I don’t think I’m cute.  In fact, I haven’t felt cute since I turned 45.

Good luck to you, sincerely.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 24

No one tried to “bust” Mike for anything. Gnite.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 1

12:24 PM (1 hour ago)

to me, Dash

 

Just to let you know, I’ve received the emails you are sending to people.  They are sending them to me…every word.  Seriously? Defamation?  You posted the emails that I’d sent to you…so, no…no defamation.  Just communication.

I wish you the very best, truly.  It is obvious you needed a target to vent your life’s frustrations.  I am glad I’ve been able to help you in that regard and I do hope you feel better.

I am putting the matter behind me and moving on with my dash.  Instead of arguing with you, I’m using those same minutes to do volunteer work. You should consider this, as well.  It’ll look better on life’s resume’ on Judgment Day.  SMILE!

God Bless!

=====

 

April Brown

May 2

 7:31 PM (12 hours ago)

to Live

 

I have never sent one email to anyone anywhere that mentions anything you suggest below.  Please feel free to send me the communiques. I believe they are copying YOUR emails that mention defamation. Believe me I am smiling. Judgement Day is every day.

=====

 

Live Your Dash liveyourdash@bellsouth.net

7:57 PM (11 hours ago)

to me

 

They’ve sent me the exact emails with your return email address. Very detailed…

It’s okay. I’m putting this whole issue behind me. I’m done with the negativity. You can continue if you care to. I am trying to be more positive.  Currently in the hospital ER and you know how that can make you evaluate life the hard way!

Take care of yourself. Best of luck.

======

 

May 6

 

YOUTUBE COMMENT

‘Linda Ellis’ commented on NEW COMPUTER VIRUS – THE NASTY DASH VIRAL POEM:

So, Ms. Brown…you are saying that your forum here is only a one-sided conversation and you do not welcome those who do not agree? Your words: “Ms. Ellis does not need to be supported here. She has her own website for her friends. This site is for the victims and the telling of their stories.” Yet, you reference Freedom of Speech. Ironic, no?

You know your claims are fabricated and exaggerated in order to promote your own attempts at defending what you know in your heart, is wrong. Reminds me of a child who gets caught with her hand in the cookie jar and then responds in her defense, “But…but…I was getting a cookie…for YOU.”

The facts are the facts and you can twist them however you wish. YOU took what didn’t belong to you. YOU used another’s property to further your own services. YOU shared registered, copyrighted material with the world without authorization. YOU committed unlawful acts in reference to copyright law and infringed upon the legal rights of another. YOU’VE have somehow managed to completely ignore that intellectual property is not yours and you have affected another’s livelihood by posting and distributing copyrighted work, thus using a product that does not belong to you, that you did not create, nor gain permission to use to benefit yourself. FACTS ARE FACTS. There’s really nothing more to discuss. You can’t take what’s not yours, no matter how much you try to justify it.

THANK YOU. Also, thanks again for your efforts (though inadvertent) to bring attention to the growing problem of intellectual property theft, misappropriation of others’ creative works and its continued unauthorized distribution. Every little bit helps.

======

 

Linda Ellis

May 11

 

Why did you take down the video of you wearing the military uniform with tampons around it?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=omxw9A-6ixE

======

 

April Brown

May 12

 

You are so shame based. How do you live from one day to the next with your high and mighty attitude?  I haven’t taken down any videos. Shame has no home here.  In fact, I welcome your comments and aggressions.

If you are searching for dirt, I am thrilled to share my life’s story.

What do you want to know? What is it that you need to hear or see that will help you justify what a piece of work you are? I see right through you and so do thousands of other innocent infringers. It is so obvious. You are totally unprepared for what’s getting ready to rain down on you. Frankly, every thing about you and that damn poem makes me sick. Please. Please. Keep judging me. I look forward to the showdown.

=====

 

April Brown

May 12

 

Linda,

The rules are this. When you post on my blog, post once. Do not post the same stupid comments on multiple entries. If your goal is wasting my time and money, I am prepared to devote as much time and money as it takes to expose you for the person WE know that you are. I will never pay you one dime. AND the innocent infringers will never pay you one dime. We are organized now. It is too late. There is no turning back. So if you have any friends left, you better get them organized. Cause we are coming after you.

I will gladly post one comment on one post. Otherwise, stay the hell off the Innocent Infringer forum.

=====

 

April Brown

May 12

 

Linda,

How does it feel to be hunted down and humiliated? Welcome to YOUR world Saint Linda.

======

 

Live Your Dash

May 18

 

Wearing tampons in a military uniform is disrespectful and so were the words you spoke.

It may have been thirty years ago, but POSTED recently.

I’ve never met a business woman who acts in such an unprofessional manner.  You know the fabrications I’m speaking about. You can’t just say anything you make up in your head, ma’am.

We will be contacting you again soon.

Thank you.

======

 

From: WordPress <wordpress@lindaellis.net>

Date: May 18, 2012 9:37:19 PM EDT

To: liveyourdash@bellsouth.net

Subject: [Linda Ellis] Please moderate: “April Brown and Copyright”

A new comment on the post “April Brown and Copyright” is waiting for your approval

http://lindaellis.net/2012/05/ms-april-brown-and-copyright/

Comment:

Nice Try Linda. Why do you think I would be embarrassed by a 30 year old comedy routine that I posted on my Youtube channel? Your jealousy is rearing it’s sanctimonious big head.

So let me get this straight. You think YOU should be able to screen who reads and shares your poem. Do I have that right? The Dash poem qualifies you as some literary giant? Maybe you can explain to your followers why you are sending copyright infringement letters to preachers, teachers, priests and rabbis. This information is readily available on the internet and impossible for me to fabricate.

If you have the guts to leave this up on your blog as I’ve left all your stupid posts on my blog, then maybe your disciples can truly decide for themselves what the real story is and what this “disrespectful” military photo is all about – a debate about women serving in the military.

My brother-in-law is a Major General in the United States Army, Jim Brown, stationed at Fort Knox. My other brother-in-law is a retired Navy Pilot &amp; best-selling author, Dale Brown. My brother, Mike Spence is a Viet Nam vet with a TBI. My Uncle Kenneth Wood, liberated Cortona, Italy and was decorated along with his fellow soldiers. I served as a police officer because women were not allowed to serve in combat in 1974. I have 16 immediate kin that are serving now or have served in 4 wars. Character? Disrespect? Look in the mirror.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUswFJC0iSY

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 18

 

The part that cracked me up was you using the word jealousy on me? I’m jealous of successful, honest, respectful, ethical women…but not you, dear.  Take care.

======

 

April Brown

May 19

 

Dear Saint Linda,

For some reason you don’t see yourself. Fear, shame, jealousy, are in everything you write on this subject. You might want to pay attention to the comments from other people. “The part that cracks me up” is that you ARE jealous of successful, honest, respectful, ethical women. Another crack in the facade I see.

Again, can you address the OTHER innocent infringers for once. Are they dishonest, disrespectful, unethical, failures too?

You just can’t face up to this debacle YOU created.

April

=====

 

April Brown

May 24

You think you have more clout with people I’ve known for decades? What an ego. You are a piece of work. You better gear up for the fight of your lying life!

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 24

 

I seriously don’t even know what you’re talking about now. I’ve asked them to delete everything about you from my site, etc. and we are issuing apologies for letting this issue get out of hand.  Your friend Suzanne wrote my assistant a very informational email and it was like a brick hitting. I’m speaking to John, too. Anyway, do what you need to do.  I’m sorry it has all culminated into two professional women acting… well, not so professional.

Take care.  And I mean it.

 

Sent from my iPad

Linda Ellis
1050 E. Piedmont Road
#E-135
Marietta, GA  30062

404-966-3349

=====

 

April Brown

May 24

 

Linda,

I wish it were that simple.

You don’t know what I’m talking about? You wrote another letter to Mike’s employer that included an email from me that I did not write. You thought writing the General Manager of a CBS affiliate was a good idea and worse you thought he would care? Your ego is off the charts.

This has never been about “two professional women blah blah blah”. Your gender has nothing to do with it. The issue is copyright trolling and intimidation and money. THE single issue you never address. It’s about the people you never admit exist. The insults. The lying. All these people that took a bite of the poison apple that have been hurt and disillusioned with you and your message. I lost control of this situation with that first press release. This has never been about me and this issue has taken on a life of its’ own. The only reason that youtube video is getting so many hits is because people are getting caught in this dragnet and looking for answers.

My friend Suzanne is like all my friends and associates. They can’t believe this is a real situation. People have no idea this has been going on for years. This won’t go away until you stop bothering people and the law is changed.

=====


The Dash Copyright

May 24

 

Hi Suzanne,

Is this in reference to my correspondence with you about Ms. Ells’ apology and deletions of April Brown material because of your email? Must be.

We r lost on this one…

Thanks,

Nan

 

On May 24, 2012, at 7:07 PM, April Brown <auctions@aprilbrown.com> wrote:

> You think you have more clout with people I’ve known for decades? What
> an ego. You are a piece of work. You better gear up for the fight of your lying life!

don’t know why you are sending this to me.

=====

 

April Brown

May 24

I wrote to Linda in response to her letter to the GM of ESPN that included a fake email she claims I wrote. This is about as low as Ellis can go, or is it?

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 22

Wow…I’ve received a couple of interesting emails (unsolicited, not like yours) myself, April Summer Spence.

You’ve had quite an interesting dash!

Keep smiling my friend, keep smiling!

=====

 

April Brown

May 22

We are not friends.

So now you are trying to shock me by telling me my name? My name? Really? Please post every single thing you find out about me. I treasure the memories.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 22

Never said anything about shocking you.  You read things interestingly…

Linkedin requested to connect with me about 30 times from you…had to finally block the requests, friend.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 22

You can become bitter…or you can become better.  Apparently, Ms. Brown has opted for the first.  She knows her hits have increased tremendously since her “it’s okay to steal from others” campaign.  Keep piggybacking on others’ popularity, my dear.  At least, you’ll get noticed.

=====

 

April Brown

May 22

Dear Saint Linda,

Trust me, I appreciate the attention but why don’t you write about some of the other people that are mad at you? Why don’t you write an open letter addressing the victims and explaining to them how you’ve come to a place where you believe you and your 204 words are more important than human beings? You call yourself gifted? There are a million other people with words more meaningful than anything you can grasp in your current delusional state. You got lucky. I don’t know why YOU got lucky and the others didn’t but if you really think that

God gave you a gift greater than mine and ours, then you are creating enemies by the minute. Every person that reads that stupid poem is at risk for sharing it. I regret the day I found that stupid poem in my email box. And I regret that I posted believing I was doing a good thing for you by sharing it. You aren’t even a competent bitch.

You are really starting to piss me off. So now i’ve raised the bar for you. I will not rest until you write a letter of apology to all the people that got caught up in your scam and refund the money to the poor dumb souls that paid you off.  You took donated money from charities. People lost jobs because of you. You deepened the grief and added anger where there was none. People call me crying because of the way you’ve treated them. Well, you hunted me down and now you’ve caught me so Bring it on Betty. You are impotent and I’m not afraid of you or that little shit Jolin.

You better bring out your big guns, cause we are coming after you with the TRUTH.

Fearless,

April Brown

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 22

 

Ask them each to write me. I’ll write them back. Thanks sweetie!

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 24

 

You mean this email you did not write?  Sent straight from servers…

Did you forget writing it?

=====

 

April Brown

May 24

 

What email are you talking about? I’ve never written one letter, comment or post that mentioned Mike’s place of work. Never. I will have the letter in my hands tomorrow. For now it was good for a laugh.

I just don’t think writing my husbands place of employment was one of your better moves–especially twice. Should I warn the rest of my family about you and John?

If you quoted me verbatim, great. We will see tomorrow.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 24

 

Again, huh?  I think this thing has made you so stressed, you’re not making any sense?  I sent to you your email that you wrote me…it’s still on the ATT/Yahoo server.

 

Sent from my iPad

Linda Ellis
1050 E. Piedmont Road
#E-135
Marietta, GA  30062

404-966-3349

======

 

April Brown

May 24

 

You said I sent you an email from yahoo. I do not use a yahoo account for sending email. If you have any email from yahoo, I did not write the email.

Again, you always assume it is the other person is wrong.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 24

Oh.  I said it was on the ATT/Yahoo mail servers.

That is MY email server.

When email comes to me…that’s where it goes.

=====

 

April Brown

May 24

 

All I know is that you or someone sent the GM a letter. He called to let us know. Apparently you don’t know what a GM does, but it isn’t this.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 24

 

I’m sure they were requesting the right person to speak with. GM. Weird.

=====

 

April Brown

May 24

 

Are you kidding me? No real publicist or handler would ever you on the air in this market. It would be a stupid move.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 24

 

Huh?  Not for an interview!  LOL!  For ethics questions.

We are so on different thinking levels.  Incidentally, I’ve already been “in that market.”

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 24

 

OMG!  It just occurred to me that you thought the letter was sent to the GM to get an interview.  I’m literally laughing out loud.

It was to cite an ethics violation.  Never mentioned an interview.  OMG. How funny!

=====

 

April Brown

May 24

 

You mean you actually had your people try to bust Mike for an ethics violation? And you think THAT is better than asking for an interview? AND you think you are cute and funny?

I never thought you sent either letter asking for an interview. I knew you sent those letters to cause trouble for me through Mike’s work. You sent those letters to harm him. For some reason you don’t see how strange you are and how strange “your people” are. It’s not funny.  I have no idea how you’ve gotten away with this for so long.

My point about this market is not that you couldn’t get an interview here. No handler would position you here for this story. Your ego is like out of control.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 24

 

No ego, Ms. Brown…not at all.  In fact, quite the opposite.

You’ve got the wrong impression of me from some stupid emails and bad tempers on both sides.  As I’m sure I’ve had of you.

Good luck to you in your dash.  I’m apologizing for this mess on my web site.  My mom is very sick and I need to totally refocus my time and efforts to have the energy I need to properly care for her, which I’m not sure I’m capable of doing at my best, much less under stress.

No…I don’t think I’m cute.  In fact, I haven’t felt cute since I turned 45.

Good luck to you, sincerely.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 24

No one tried to “bust” Mike for anything. Gnite.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

(Blurry Screenshot of a Smartphone)

 

======

April Brown

May 25

This is on the company profile NOT the blog. You are playing dumb aren’t you?

The fact that you would even think to got after Mike shows who you are and what you are all about. That stupid poem does not entitle you to go after my family.

So I see you’ve had a change of heart. The battle continues…

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

Aprilbrown.com is a business. No matter what words you post on it, It sells your product everywhere and you’ve combined Mike’s stations there, not us. Therefore, they were considered associated with the aggressor…the business using slander and should be informed of the issue.  A fair conclusion.

If you want to address untruths, listen to that hilarious cartoon you made.  We have proof of everything we’ve shared in our defense against your absurd attacks.  You seem to believe what you create in your head is true. The statistics you quote within your acting script are so odd. You know so very little about the internet, copyright, etc. and yet make yourself sound like an expert boasting these fabrications. “It is estimated…”  LMAO!  By you.

It’s a publicity stunt and I realize what we are dealing with now. That’s why I’m changing. I thought we were both intelligent professionals initially, not politicians or children in a sandbox. I refuse to be brought down any lower.

The law speaks for itself.

======

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

What we said is that his info and the copyright garbage are on the SAME page. We sent you a photo of that. Seriously? Should we zoom it for you?

=====

 

April Brown

May 25

For one brief moment last night, I believed you. It was a passing flash, but I did believe you.

I look forward to your financial records. I look forward to your sales records. I look forward to the people on that list being forced to speak out in court. I look forward to YOU seeing the faces of everyone you bilked.

I am not an expert in your dirty little world. You can take full credit. Nancy? John? Linda? Who ever the hell you are today.

You think you are so brilliant, so special, so gifted. How sad – this is the only way you know how to monetize that poem.

I never said I though you were intelligent or professional. I have said at one time I thought the poem was lovely. That is why I shared it. There is not one thing about you that would benefit me or my business in any way. I don’t live in a world of fraud and deceit. Give me the facts as you see them from your side and I will revise my video.  Prove me wrong. Let’s hear it.

How many people do you harass like this? “It is estimated” that there are many. “A fair conclusion” considering how riled up you are with a former admirer. WWJD apparently isn’t preached in your church.

I tell you what, why don’t you give me the real numbers? Why don’t you tell us who has paid you off? Who you have sent letters too? If you are so honest why don’t you go forward with the interviews you claim people want to do with you? Nobody has called me for a face-off. And I’m oh so ready.

If Mike is part of this, beg for that coveted interview. Remember YOU ARE LINDA ELLIS. THE LINDA ELLIS! The world awaits your voice.

=====

 

April Brown

May 25

A page on a website is not the same as a view. This is a screen capture of a VIEW, not a PAGE. A page stands alone. Seriously. Should WE explain the difference, silly lady. Then again, you are a tech genius aren’t you?

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

Well I wouldn’t say genius.

 

The wording is there all on the same page. This is a screen capture of A PAGE.  You’re talking gibberish.

=====

 

April Brown

May 25

I wouldn’t say genius either. You might want to talk to your web guy.

The wording is all there on the same view. The wording is not on the blog pages. Again, think about until it sinks in. BTW, which personality are we working with today?

What happened to the one that was worried about her mother and living her dash?

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

Wow. April, you sound like a little girl in junior high. Read your own words. I’m so sorry I didn’t think of this before. But, we are aging women, not cat fighting teens.

I’m here any time.

=====
Live Your Dash

May 25

 

Touché!!  You won that round. Learning how to change adult diapers has gone to my brain.

=====

 

April Brown

May 25

 

You made the rules remember? Call it what you want.

Do you remember these people? Just tell, me are they all lying? Just tell us and I will contact each one of them again.

  • ATL Foundation
  • Turning Point of Tampa, Inc.
  • Sermon Central
  • Daniel D. Meyer / Christ Church of Oak Brook
  • First Baptist Church, Olds Alabama
  • Formal Times Newsletter
  • South Dakota Chapter American Society Farm Managers
  • Green Valley Villas West, Green Valley Arizona
  • Garden Court Real Estate Management Corporation
  • Bookkeeping 411
  • USA Triathlon Mideast Region
  • The Magazine of United Methodist Men
  • IOWA State USBC Women’s Bowling Association
  • Bourbon Garden Court
  • Marco Island Civic Association
  • Main Street Baptist Church
  • Neidlinger Garden Court News
  • Argos Garden Court News
  • Rubel Shelly
  • All Saints Church, Rome Italy
  • Texas A&M University
  • User Talk
  • Helium.com
  • Kemper Mill Civic Association
  • Git Hub
  • TARA Association
  • Waukegan Public Schools
  • Children’s Lit
  • The Helixx Group
  • The Hindu
  • Mount Pleasant Memorials
  • Character Education
  • Baylor University Seminary
  • Neighborhood Link
  • David E. Smith Publications
  • Church of God, In Truth
  • Yasni, UK
  • Willet Elementary School PTA
  • The Northeastern Pennsylvania Synod
  • Autism Resource Central
  • First Baptist Church St. Clair, Missouri
  • Center for Successful Aging

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

Caring for my handicapped pets is easier for sure. And some of them have no hips!

 

=====

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

Do you think everyone is entitled to share copyrighted work in publications and on the Internet without authorization or even the author’s name in most cases?  Do you think it’s fair after 14+ years of hard work that everyone get to benefit from my work?  When you hear a song on the radio, are you legally allowed to post it for all to download? What would happen if you did?

What do you think copyright is for, April?  Could you afford to never charge for your services?

=====

 

April Brown

May 25

 

Listen Linda. I have no sympathy for you and I do not identify with you. I had brief positive admirable thoughts that you helped me get over very quickly. I told you I was a caregiver in one of my first emails. I told you I was grieving in January. You did not care in the least. When you have time, you should re-read all of our correspondence and all of your comments. You came out of the gate sanctimonious, entitled, and arrogant. You took that one moment of my pasting that stupid poem on my blog and turned it into the crime of the century while you slung one insult after another. You forced my hand. Not the game is in motion and it can’t be stopped by me. You’ve had all these years of pissing people off and they are empowered by my voice. I feel good about that.

You know that scene in the shining when Jack Nicholson opens the door to the bathroom and sees what he thinks is a beautiful naked woman? He begins kissing her and realizes he is kissing a corpse. That is how I think of you and that poem. You single handedly sold out to a concept that hurts people. Instead of finding people to help you monetize the poem in a loving respectful way, you became part of a legal scam. You happen to pick someone who is an advocate and I have nothing to lose by fighting back. Nothing.

Don’t insult me again by calling this a cat fight. this is not a fight between 2 women. This is me fighting back a copyright troll. This is an author who believes she is better and more gifted than everyone around her. You think I won’t fight to protect my money? My family? My clients? My world?

I shared a stupid poem. This may be the least criminal act a human can commit. The only people judging me are in your world–and we both know you don’t reside in real life.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

To be honest, I can’t watch the whole video but I will write down the points of contention and appreciate the revisions.  Such as your web site estimations. Use ” ” in your searching. The word dash is indeed on millions of sites, but the actual poem?  Because I’ve worked to prevent its public domain danger. If I were, as I am legally entitled to be, the only site to share The Dash, I would charge .01 for signed copies and be able to pay my bills and my mortgage and continue to write.  But because I am denied that right by so many…illegally, I have to protect the value and integrity of my work.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

And here it is.  Your own words: “You think I won’t fight to protect my money? My family? My clients? My world?” What do you think I’ve been doing, April?  You can protect your “world,” but I cannot?

You also talk about monetizing the heck out of your own product if you had one so popular, in your post. So you can make money on what you do, but not others?  I’m an author. My words are my products. My livelihood. I protect them as you do your “world.”. Touché again!

=====

 

April Brown

May 25

 

We both know that the moment something is written a copyright becomes live. This loophole is not enforceable and stifles creativity and hurts people. You don’t seem to understand that people fall in love with words and concepts and share those with others which generates more creative thought and concepts. You can’t steal thought. You can unknowingly plagiarize and a person can knowingly plagiarize. None of these people did that. They either thought “author unknown” or they credited you. You went after them based on their financial status and if they had insurance and a Board. There is no logic to your settlements beyond that criteria.

From what I understand you wrote that poem in minutes.You keep saying how hard you’ve worked. How hard this has been. 14 years of hard work is laughable. I haven’t worked a hard day in my career and I have to develop new ideas and new concepts with every client. EVery thing I do for them they share with everyone. People attend my auctions just to steal ideas. So I keep creating new ways for raising more money. My audio series has been downloaded thousands of times for free. I do not relate to your business model at all. None of my business friends get it either. We all just shake our head at this colossal mistake you’ve made and continue to make. The fact that you sell yourself as a

Christian Inspirational author and then do this is mind-boggling.

Since this has happened, I’ve been sent more than a dozen poems that authors cannot print because they are considered derivatives of your stupid poem. They are beautiful. The cadence is beautiful. The words are beautiful. One of the authors is on your hit list. How sad that your poem has inspired others but they can’t share their own words.

You think that is okay?

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

I will reread our correspondence. Trouble is, I get thousands of emails and cannot read them all. Not enough hours.

=====

 

April Brown

May 25

 

You don’t get thousands of emails.

======

 

April Brown

May 25

 

The Dash is on millions of sites worldwide. I don’t have time to open every single site to count the words.

Why do you quote other authors? You can honestly say, you have written permission to share everything you share? If that is true, will you show me the docs?

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

April, quotes from famous people are shared by them on sites and in mailings to spread their popularity and notoriety and their programs, not give away their entire product.  The Dash is unique in that it is a stand alone product. A brand.  Short quotes and jokes are in a different realm than entire works. That’s why there are a gazillion quote books out there.

If you wanted to quote The Dash with two lines and share an active link, cool.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

I’ll snapshot my inbox for you. 4,000 unread currently. Sorry.

=====

 

April Brown

May 25

 

If you don’t know how to turn 4000 emails into positive revenue, that might be a place to start. Please don’t send me a snapshot of your inbox. I have 2296 in my inbox. It means nothing more than I’m behind on unsolicited emails.

So you are saying that you can ripoff a quote from a book, use it on your website and not have to pay a copyright fee? But if I do the same thing, I’m all those nice things you’ve been calling me? I am suppose to know that your poem is a stand alone work?

Your poem happens to be in 2 books. Right? That makes your poem part of an entire work. My guess is that if you are going after an author who quotes you that the author would be able to argue that the poem is part of a book and not a stand alone–even though you copyrighted it as a stand alone. Think about it. How would a reader research every single page of a book for content copyright as a stand alone? Just not possible. In fact, few people even know to look for copyrights before they share. Look at you Facebook account. You share other authors and photographers content without permission.

I personally would not be proud that I make my entire income from one poem I wrote 14 years ago. Worse, that I had to work hard to protect from good people who shared it with other good people. Without those good people your poem would be like the dozen I have sitting here that some would say have better rhythm and free.

You seem to forget that the post of your poem in my blog had a link buried in your name. The link went to your purchase page. (page, not view)

======

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

No. Any poem based on the concept is great!  Never ever have I told anyone not to publish their OWN words about the dash. I don’t own the idea. No one owns ideas. Another weird statement out of left field  April, the things you write to me are simply not true and non-sensical. Your dislike for me is rooted elsewhere.  It’s apparent in your emails. You think that I think I’m hot stuff. LOL!  Which is truly laughable. You don’t know me at all.   Probably why your colleagues don’t understand is that you’re sharing your biased opinions, not the facts.  Tell them to write me. I’ll explain how I protect my “world,” just as you do…

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

Unsolicited are blocked, Internet genius.  Yours are spam, mine are fans.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

Why do you think I don’t get positive revenue?  Another left field idea.  My books have sold tens of thousands. They are products. They are copyrighted. They are sold. That’s why you can’t give their contents away at will.

======

 

April Brown

May 25

 

You know what, I will share this with the author. He can tell me if I’m wrong and I will share his reply to you.

So let me get this straight. An author can write a book about The Dash and you will not ask him for any money?

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

The words the dash are on a gazillion sites. That’s not my poem. It’s hard for us older folks to grasp how the Internet works sometimes. Truly understandable. I teach seniors.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

LOL!  There are a TONS of books about the concept of dash, April. I don’t own the concept or the idea.  I tell people that all the time. It would be like you going after anyone who does an auction. That’s silly. They just can’t use MY poem without a license or permission. The idea is free to anyone, everyone. In fact, it was referenced in an abc sitcom the other day. Awesome!

I totally see what the misunderstanding is now.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

I hereby state that I have NEVER told an author not to use his/her OWN words about the dash. I haven’t and I won’t because the concept is a free idea. Others have had it and written about it as well. My poem about the dash is my property, but not the concept. I only protect my product and my brand related to my poem.

=====

 

April Brown

May 25

 

There you go again. You have mastered the art of condescending remarks. Does anyone in your inner circle ever call you on your behavior?

So again, you are saying that any author who wants to write about the Dash or publish a poem similar to the Dash will not be asked to pay you a fee?

======

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

Are you a Christian, April?  Thou shalt not steal and all?

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

How hard is this to understand?  I’m trying to teach you, not be condescending.

As long as no one quotes my words, my text, why would it matter to me?  I’m sent things all the time that people were inspired to write about the dash concept. I don’t own the idea. I don’t want to. Seriously April. It’s so very very easy to comprehend.

=====

 

April Brown

May 25

 

You still call sharing stealing.

I bake a cake. I eat the cake. I share a bite of the cake. Did I steal the bite and did the person who ate the bite steal the bite from me? We just ate the damn cake and I shared it because it tasted good. You can complicate water.

Nope. The cake was good so I shared it.

Do you really think God even thinks about this stuff? This is the arrogance of your religion. Me Me Me. I think God is busy with real people who need help. It is not even possible to believe God would want any of her words copyrighted.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

Where did you read I was a Christian?  I could be an atheist. Again, you don’t know me at all. Yet you think you do.

=====

 

April Brown

May 25

 

Speaking of recipes. Do you cook? Every good recipe is shared – not stolen. Everything good is shared. Everything.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

You see a product or hear a song. You take it without paying. You give it to others.  The shop owner calls it shoplifting. The artist call it theft.

=====

 

April Brown

May 25

 

So now you aren’t a Christian. I don’t know any liberals or atheists who share any of your ways – for lack of a better word. Your followers certainly think you are and your posts reflect that image. Maybe you need to come clean about that too.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

The bible is copyrighted. I’ve never claimed to be a Christian. I believe in God, however. I’ve prayed for you.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

A product for sale is not a cake. Good comparison – huh? Cakes are sold and consumed however so they are products. Try posting a cake on your page. Lemme know how it goes.

=====

 

April Brown

May 25

 

I found your cd at a yard sale – did not buy it – it was in a free box. So now I play the cd for my friends. My friends borrow the cd.

They play it for their friends. That is not called shoplifting. The artist does not call it theft. YOU call it theft. There are millions of videos made by amateurs with sound beds and artists know those videos sell their music. Your poem is only popular because people shared it. How much money have you spent on marketing and advertising your poem? Very little I would guess. Your failure is that you never figured out how to make money from that sharing.

You’ve really wasted your good luck.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

OMG. IF THEY PUT THE songs ON THE WWW, they are stealing.

Really?  Cake?  Yard sale CDs?  You really don’t understand, do you?

=====

 

April Brown

May 25

I believe I wrote you an email telling you that the Bible is copyrighted. I asked you if you paid a copyright fee for quoting those scriptures. You never answered that question. Of course we both know you did not and I doubt few have.

I don’t count on your prayers on my behalf making it past the ceiling.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

You don’t know any of the facts. The poem is shared LEGALLY, and you can share it legally.  It has gotten 50 million plus visitors and that’s what sells the book too while inspiring people WITH author’s info, etc. Legally. With permission. As the owner an licensor. Get it now?

=====

 

April Brown

May 25

 

If I got 50,000,000 hits on my website, I would license that poem for $1 and make 50,000,000 friends.

I don’t know who you get advice from, but they should all be fired. You’ve been sitting on a gold mine for years and now, when you could be enjoying popularity, you are creating one enemy after another. I don’t think you realize how your behavior right now is a publicists’ worst nightmare. I don’t think you are going to recover from this blunder quickly. I’m not sure if I’m the first to fight back as you say, but you are likely going to meet someone who can and will take you down. The law and your followers are on your side temporarily, but every single human, including you admittedly share copyrighted content with good intentions and not financial gain.

You can pile on the insults but I shared a stupid poem. Book em Danno!

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

I’m not insulting you. Trying to inform you.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

April, you shared copyrighted registered material. A product. Something others buy.  Not just a stupid poem.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

It’s stupid now. meaningless now. sad now. It will always be a stupid poem to me.

=====

 

April Brown

May 25

 

Stupid stupid stupid poem.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

And when you take me to court as you’ve said you can show your “non-profit” whisker city financials which I’ve seen. Exposed to the max.

=====

 

April Brown

May 25

 

Great. WC is public information. Go ahead stop threatening and post the juicy stuff. We’re waiting.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

We did not demand anything and would’ve settled for a reasonable amount to protect the value and integrity of Ms. Ellis’ work had the “infringer” not acted so irrationally.  She knew the poem was copyrighted…she even POSTED the copyright notice.  Regardless, the fact is, Ms. Ellis would never have wanted her work shared by this individual, for reasons we shall not disclose.  Suffice to say, it is Ms. Ellis’ choice who shares her works, and with whom.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

A settlement offer is not a demand. Never used the word demand.

=====

 

April Brown

May 25

 

I guess the threats that go with the settlement offer aren’t meant to be demanding.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

I believe in God. That’s what I write about. Spirituality.  The human race. Life.   You distort everything to what you want. Who brought liberals in?  Is this getting political now?  LMBO!

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

 

Witty!  I never quote scriptures. Sorry chica. Another fable.

=====

 

April Brown

May 25

 

Do you watch the Today Show? Unless the artist files a copyright strike – like you did – the videos are allowed to stay. You can quit with the insults. I happen to know what i’m talking about. You think everyone should see everything the way you do. that is not called stealing. That is called sharing. If the artist doesn’t want the cut  shared they send a take down notice. Not a letter demanding money.

=====

 

April Brown

May 25

 

If business is so good and you have 50 million plus visitors and books are selling, why are you crying foul on all the people driving people to your website?

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

You’ll never understand. We will just have to agree to disagree.

Thank you for discussing the issue however. I do appreciate the dialogue. Not sarcastically.

=====

 

April Brown

May 25

 

I’ve met the first christian who has never quoted a bible verse.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

You never stop trying to entice me to argue. Again, I never wrote I was a Christian or not. I believe in God. I write in a spiritual manner sometimes.  I’ve written that I write for everyone…Christians, athiests, agnostics, liberals, conservatives, etc. Everyone has a life. Relationships with God are personal, to me anyway.

Do you ever let the words you read sink in?  I’ve repeated myself so many times.  If you have a learning disability, I honestly, sincerely apologize.  I didn’t know and didn’t mean to be rude. I would understand.

=====

 

Live Your Dash

May 25

No more. Live and love the rest of your life and smile a lot, even when it’s not easy.

 =====

 

Live Your Dash

May 26

She called me a terrorist. Now that’s slander, no?  HOW DO I SUE??

 

She called me a terrorist. Now that’s slander, no?  HOW DO I SUE??

=====

 

From: April Brown   May 24, 3012

This is today’s post on Linda Ellis’ blog. Either she wrote it or John W. Jolin wrote it. We are never quite sure.

 

Linda writes:

Well, there is a charity auctioneer of Charity Auction World who was recently approached after having used Linda Ellis’ copyrighted work in full to promote her own company and services. (Ironic that she has copyright notices on her own web site — guess HER work is the only work to be protected by copyright?)

 

April responds:

You, are not that popular and that stupid poem is only popular because of innocent infringers sharing it with people they love. I promote my company the way I always have. I take good care of my clients and I share in their good works. Everything on my website is from people I know, have worked with – people doing something to make the world a better place. Your presence in my world was brief and ineffectual.

If you remember, your stupid poem was next to a poem written by Mother Teresa entitled “Do It Anyway”. I actually included “Linda Ellis” beneath your stupid poem, on the same page as Mother Teresa! You.

 

Linda writes:

After she was contacted, instead of facing her unlawful actions, she chose to take it upon herself to attempt to mar Ms. Ellis’ reputation, the victim of copyright theft.

 

April responds:

I have posted verbatim Linda Ellis’ emails, innocent infringer victims emails (withholding their name by request). I’ve reposted verbatim from Linda’s blog and facebook. I’ve screen captured all of it and posted most of it. ??

 

Linda writes:

She has used fabrications, assumptions and “anonymous” postings with extreme exaggerations to attack Ms. Ellis’ efforts to protect the value and integrity of her work, her creation, her legacy.

 

April responds:

So what am I lying about?

I never post anything anonymously

 

Linda writes:

However, unknowingly she has really helped us spread the word about copyright misappropriation with her antics, and for that, we thank her.  We’ve gotten more email than ever before and we are helping to educate people about the important legal issue of copyright protection.

 

April responds:

I knowingly spread the word to Take Down The Dash poem – something Ellis could have done without suing anyone. If you are so thankful for your “great gift and legacy” why are you so nasty, judgmental, arrogant, selfish, accusatory, rude, self-righteous and focused on me? You sought me out. You’ve been harassing me and threatening me non – stop since October.

 

Linda writes:

Contrary to what April Brown is trying to propose, Ms. Ellis, has never taken money from a grieving family, demanded non-profits close their doors or caused orphanages to close.  Perhaps Ms. Brown would like to blame some of these tornadoes on Ms. Ellis as well?

 

April responds:

Let me correct myself, Linda Ellis has taken money from grieving families (plural). Non-profits have closed their doors. People have lost their job. She is paid-off with donated money. I’ve never blamed Linda, I hold her accountable for this fiasco- there is a difference.

You can verify my facts by calling the list of people I provided in this post: http://www.aprilbrown.com/copyright-infringement-the-das/2012/4/7/people-who-settled-to-avoid-a-lawsuit-by-linda-ellis-of-the.html. You will find, as I did, these people settled (out of court) and signed a confidentiality agreement. The other stories I cite are from people I have promised to keep anonymous because they are currently receiving threats from Linda and John.

If I thought you were so close to God that you could cause a tornado? I would have backed off a long time ago. You use shame and fear to control people. Live your dash? I guess you can live your dash like a sneaky little conniving ungrateful creature. You can’t even live your own philosophy.

 

Linda writes:

April Brown has stated this on her web site about Copyright: “The whole notion is ridiculous…” It is not ridiculous, Ms. Brown. It is the law and it was created to protect writers of original works from those who take what is not theirs and use it at-will, as you have.

 

April responds:

It is ridiculous that someone can share a sappy little poem and then be subjected to harassment and threats indefinately. We are going to change the law. This loophole is closing fast. We can wait you out for years.

 

Linda writes:

Truth is, Ms. Ellis emailed her back when the incident began because, as she left in messages, Ms. Ellis was hospitalized at the time.  But she persisted aggressively.

 

April responds:

I posted many of her emails along with the screen captures and you can red the emails for yourself. Linda Ellis and John Jolin never returned my calls.

Linda Ellis and John Jolin have been scaring people into giving them money successfully because the people they go after are at a huge disadvantage and/or worried about their reputation. Sadly, the majority of the people are religious — and most are women.  It’s morally reprehensible to think this is what you do day in and day out to protect your friggin legacy.

 

Linda writes:

We even emailed folks at her husband, Mike Brown’s radio stations – 710 ESPN Seattle and 97.3 KIRO FM, among others, to try to get a fair, impartial interview.  Then, it occurred to us why she had gone to such efforts…to use the issue to gain attention and publicity for her web site and auction company…and unfortunately, it has!  Sad, that this marketing strategy of piggybacking on someone else’s popularity actually worked, but not for long. The cat is out of the bag and her methods are backfiring on her.  What goes around comes around.

 

April responds:

You live in Marietta, Georgia and just coincidently wrote to a station in Seattle? I’m beginning to think you believe this stuff?

“PIG gyback your popularity”.  You really are delusional. Your great fame, personality, popularity, and lets not forget spirituality and walk with God, has been missing from my business for 21 years? I had no idea that 3 days of your poem on my blog was critical to my continued success.  I bow to Thee, Saint Linda.

 

Linda writes:

“The cat is out of the bag and her methods are backfiring on her.  What goes around comes around.”

 

April responds:

I don’t believe in “what goes around comes around”.  I want to see justice.

 

Linda writes:

I know, I know…as a public figure Ms. Ellis should not stoop to her low level.  However, sometimes you just have to speak up, as in this case.  Especially since there are people like this who exist in our world…who think they can just take from others whatever they please, whenever they please and answer to no one, not even the law.  Why would Ms. Ellis want her work shared by this woman?

 

April responds:

This is the first author I’ve ever heard of that actually wants to screen who reads and appreciates a work. If I am a prostitute, a Jew, a politician, an atheist, I can’t read Saint Linda’s works? I can’t quote it to anyone, read the poem aloud, or send it to my friends? If I do any one of those acts of sharing – and then my friend puts the poem in her blog, I just subjected her to months, maybe years of Linda Ellis?

Let’s see, what would Jesus do? First, write a message. Then go on a radio show and share it with the world. Let the message circulate for 4 years. Copyright the message. Extort money from his disciples when they share his message. If they don’t give Jesus the money he makes up lies to justify his position. This makes sense in Linda Ellis’ world.

 

Linda writes:

In a video on youtube, (recently removed by April Brown) April Brown’s words could be considered offensive and distasteful to most and also sexually explicit…all spoken while wearing  a necklace of tampons over a mock military uniform.  Even if she had asked, which she never did, Ms. Ellis would not want her inspirational works associated with this person.  No offense, just not a good match.

 

April responds:

You keep losing that video link. I’ve never taken it down. Here is the link for you again:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omxw9A-6ixE

You know what is offensive. You.

 

1 comment

1 ping

  1. April Brown

    Thanks so much Greg for your wisdom.

    It’s important to note, that Linda Ellis sent me The Dash through her Tell-a-Friend form. She made the initial contact. She has continued to initiate contact with me for 3 years. I learned of her latest hate campaign because she sent me the links to both websites. Linda has been obsessed with trying to keep me quiet for 3 years. Will she ever learn that I cannot be intimidated into silence.

  1. Is the Dispute Between “Poetic Justice” Author, April Brown and the Dash Poet Truly a “Catfight”? » Defiantly.net by Matthew Valor

    […] public, April and Ellis engaged in heated email arguments where personal insults were traded. Those emails from 2012 have been made available on Greg Troy’s (ELI Team Member) website. Ellis made legal threats […]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>